- TERMSPLEASE NOTE: Your satisfaction is our number one goal. We build each item by hand on an order by order basis. Details about our products are described and pictured to the best of our ability, but should you have any questions or concerns about the use of our gear, please do not hesitate to contact us.
RETURNS: We try to describe all items as accurately as possible. If you have any questions, please email us before making your purchase. All of our products are hand built to order. Unlike a large factory operation, we are a family business limited to purchasing supplies in smaller quantities, while trying to keep our gear as affordable as possible for the working musician. We have a nominal margin and constant reinvestment in parts and materials, and therefore are not able to offer a return/refund policy. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
- WARRANTY / SERVICE1. Sarno Music Solutions warrants our products as free from any defects resulting from faulty materials or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of delivery. Our TUBE warranty is ninety (90) days from date of delivery, which is the same warranty that we receive from our supplier. If you have any problem, just let us know and we will fix it. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied, and Sarno Music Solutions makes no further warranties expressed or implied including, but not so limited, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Warranty does not cover: damage caused by misuse, abuse, product modification, neglect, improper installation or operation, rental or any shipping damage.
2. The exclusive remedy in the event of defects in workmanship or material shall be the repair or replacement of such components found to be defective after examination and inspection by Sarno Music Solutions, or replacement of the product whichever Sarno Music Solutions deems appropriate. Sarno Music Solutions shall bear the cost of transport of defective merchandise under warranty conditions ONLY. All shipping, risk of transport, and cost of repair and/or replacement work of any product made AFTER the above stated warranty period shall be the responsibility of the Buyer.
3. It is expressly agreed that the Buyer /User shall have no claim against Sarno Music Solutions with respect to either personal injury or damage to property or loss of profit resulting from any defect or for any consequential damages, such as, but not so limited, loss of business opportunities, property or personal injury losses, etc. or for any indemnity, implied or expressed, with respect to claims by third parties, And Buyer shall indemnify Sarno Music Solutions against any and all claims by third parties against Sarno Music Solutions resulting from the use of equipment and/or materials purchased hereunder or from the use of any products made from or by said equipment or materials.
4. These Terms and conditions take precedent over all other terms and conditions, warranty statements or policies.
1. PRIOR authorization MUST be obtained from Sarno Music Solutions prior to making a product return.
2. All items MUST be properly packaged, insured and shipped to the below address. Products arriving in a non-standard package, which appear damaged, will be refused. All shipping costs for out-of-warranty repairs are paid by the customer. Shipments received “freight-collect” will be refused.
3. Product MUST include a letter stating return shipping address, contact information and complete description of problem.
4. Your unit will receive top quality service and will be returned transportation pre-paid. Out-of-warranty billing will be determined by nature of required repairs.
- TUBE CARECARE, MAINTENANCE & REPLACEMENT
When the tubes begin to exhibit symptoms such as a dull sound, hiss-noise, crackly noises, or even total failure, etc. it's time for fresh tubes. The procedure is simple for any qualified person who understands the nature of a high voltage tube device. ONLY qualified personnel should attempt replacing the tubes in our products. It must be done with the unit unplugged from the AC power source and proper procedures followed to insure that ALL high voltage has been drained safely out of the circuit. These are deadly, high-voltage devices, so such care is required.
STEEL GUITAR BLACK BOX -
The tube in the Black Box is a common 12AX7, but it should be noted that we only recommend using 12AX7's that do NOT have a spiral filament. Vintage tubes are pretty much fair game as they didn't use the spiral filaments. These replacements can also easily be found brand new under the following names/brands:
China or Sino or Shuguang 12AX7 or 12AX7B
TAD 12AX7A/ECC83 Premium Selected (7025, 12AX7WA)
Sovtek 12AX7WA, 12AX7WB
Groove Tubes GT-12AX7-C
Very early versions of the Steel Guitar Black Box used a 12AU7 tube instead. Be sure you know which version your Black Box is before replacing the tube. 12AU7's are a bit harder to find in a low noise version, but currently we know that the EH 12AU7 and the Shuguang 12AU7 do work well in the Black Box. These Shuguang 12AU7's can also be found under the brand, Ruby, Penta, Groove Tubes, and TAD (Tube Amp Doctor).
REVELATION TUBE PREAMP - 3 - 12AX7 type tubes
12AX7 (ECC83, 7025, 5751, ECC803 or similar). Tube #1 (far left side nearest the input) requires a certain limited variant of the 12AX7 tube. See the above list for the Steel Guitar Black Box when choosing a replacement tube for the first tube in a Revelation. Tubes #2 and #3 in the Rev Pre can pretty much be any 12AX7 type tube of your choosing.
Keep in mind that early or non-updated Revelations will have a different tube in positions #1 and #3 and require a 12AU7 instead. Be sure to check your Rev or give us a call if unsure. 12AU7's are a bit harder to find in a low noise version, but currently we know that the EH 12AU7 and the Shuguang 12AU7 do work well in these two positions. These Shuguang 12AU7's can also be found under the brand, Ruby, Penta, Groove Tubes, and TAD (Tube Amp Doctor). The EH (Electro Harmonix) is also widely available.
SMS CLASSIC TUBE PREAMP - 2 - 12AX7 type tubes
12AX7 (ECC83, 7025, 5751, ECC803 or similar). The SMS Classic uses 12AX7 type tubes. Many are available, vintage used, new-old-stock, and new. Feel free to try the many available options.
TONIC TUBE PREAMP - 2 tubes
(2) 12AX7 (ECC83, 7025, 5751, ECC803 or similar). Earlier or non-updated versions of the Tonic will have one 12AU7 in there. Please contact us if you aren't sure which version you have.
V8 - OCTAL TUBE PREAMP - 2 Octal type tubes.
We currently ship with the new-make Tung-Sol 6SL7 tubes for both sockets in the V8. If you own an early model of the V8, tube #2 is a 6SN7. Please contact us to confirm. All V8 preamps sold in 2014 and later have a pair of 6SL7 tubes.
REPLACEMENT TUBE UPDATE & ORDERING
There are many tube dealers out there today. Just do an internet search for the tubes you're after. It is a good idea to buy from a dealer that can offer tests for "low microphonic" so that the tubes don't physically make any noise when tapped or also don't feed back when in a loud setting. I do recommend seeking out and spending a bit more on vintage tubes. The old American-made tubes are just excellent. They're rugged, reliable, and they sound fantastic. You don't even need them to be NOS (new-old-stock). You can find perfectly good tubes sold as UTG (used-tests-good). They're cheaper and virtually just as good as NOS most of the time. If you have trouble finding replacement tubes or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us for personal assistance.
- MANUALSFOR YOUR CONVENIENCE... Our manuals linked below so to help you easily familiarize yourself with our product line. Read on line or print your own copy and peruse at your own convenience. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Earth Drive Manual
Revelation Tube Preamp Manual
SMS Classic Tube Preamp Manual
SMS Classic Tube Preamp w/ JG Mod Manual
Steel Guitar Black Box
V8 Octal Tube Preamp for Guitar & Steel Manual
V8 Octal Tube Preamp for Bass Manual